Tuesday, July 27, 2010

LIFE @ MSIT PART - 7 .... THE SPECIALIZATION

Some thing is wrong with me today....I M feeling like writing writing writing....Got to go to a Doctor....I am never this hardworking........Heheheheheheheh

If u closely observe my posts in LIFE @ MSIT.........I m following a sequence here ......

First the Prelude, Prep, Main Course then my Seniors, my batch mates and then my about my Juniors..............The next post is obviously going to be about my Second year........

My Second year can always be divided into SEF and the REST.....Heheheheheh Not that SEF was bad...It was an interesting experience.....Didn't Hate it But didn't Like it either...............

The worst thing was to go to IIIT but to present before Carter sir Wonderful Experience.....

A few words about him......He is not like any other Professor u know...Totally Down to Earth and Damn Cool for his talent and knowledge of the subject........It was a value adding experience.............Have to thank MSIT for this.........Otherwise never would have had the chance to have a talk to him or present to him on his subject............

But Before we move on....lemme give u a brief idea about the Specialization scenario in MSIT for our batch........................

There were 4 Specializations......e-Commerce, Computer Networks, Software Engineering & LT.............When everybody was thinking about which specializing to join i decided long before to join CN.......From my childhood i was obsessed with computers and the internet...the way it works the background etc etc......So there was only one specialization for me obviously..............CN.....

But i knew nothing about it.........So with the start of the coursework i started learning new things about how the internet works, the various mechanisms which were present and a lot of other interesting things............

The Reading Assignments were too good they were all papers written by great people in this field of work like Cerf & Kahn's paper .............

The various mini's which we had we were from Basic Network Programming to Advanced Network programming, Network Security and Wireless Networks..............

I totally liked the Network Security and Wireless Networks because they were very interesting and the current trend of the market like the Wi-Fi how it works and all that stuff..............Rishab Sir helped us a lot in this course...........

But overall the learning experience if i can rate on a scale of 10 it would 10 without doubt because i learned a lot about a lot of stuff.... I was never good at this but i learnt a lot......

The Credit should all go to Manjunath Sir the best mentor in all of MSIT......He doesn't push u to submit deliverables he thinks from the student perspective and asks whether if u have learnt something or not....... That is one of the reasons why i had the time to learn a lot........

Also Jeevan sir for teaching us some concepts on OS which helped us while placements........ By the time the course completed and practicum started by december... Telangana issue started we had almost 20 day holidays............the first time in MSIT history to give such a long break ......

Then in the practicum........i didn't opt for any Internship fearing that it might trouble my placement preparation...........

A group of 8 people took up the ambitious project of Wireless Access point but as bad luck would have it when we were about 30 % completed the system crashed and we had to start from the first.......As if this was not enough 2 of our best minds left for internships......

We were stranded in the middle of the sea without even life support but we had to work hard to sail to the shore..........

Then came the memorable month of Avril............We gave the freshers finally to our juniors...........Come on the fact that we were 28 and they were more than 82
see .... 28-82 Heheheheh But we managed though..........

Of all the 4 parties which i attended in MSIT 2 Freshers & 2 Farewells......

Freshers which our seniors gave us was the first.......
Closely Followed by the Freshers which we gave...........
Farewell which we gave 2 our seniors and finally the
Farewell which we received....Sorry Guyz......On the level which i enjoyed.......

Then came the turning point or my life's turning point April 22nd.....The day I got placed in IBM.....Dream Company.... yes............. I was ecstatic and happy not for myself but for my parents who had the confidence that someday i will make it big.................... And as they say the rest is history.............

I used all the happiness and joy which i got into making our Annual fest SPREE...(I really did feel the glee....Hehehehe....... )a big big big hit....................

Truly Memorable Days in my MSIT Life.............!!!!!

When it came to the course work we did something with our project which made sense and completed it...........................

My LIFE @ MSIT truly was memorable and good, no better than good it was GREAT......but as great things always come to an end my LIFE @ MSIT also ended in the month of June........

I might miss the days which i spent in MSIT but i will never forget the experiences which i had for they will always be stored in my hearts vault...........

I always believe that Life is all about changes....now my new life is all about LIFE @ IBM......Heheheheheh


So if u think this is the end for my Life @ MSIT u r wrong coz "Picture abhi baki hai mere dost"

The last post about my LIFE @ MSIT PART -8 .......THE GRAND FINALE..............

0 comments: