Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Life @ MSIT Part-2 The PREP

Heehhe Another Nice Title rite !!!!!!!!! I have this fixation with titles..........

Well lets move on with the story the month of June 2008 place Eduquity Career Center near Secretariat every person in MSIT circles know this place as well as their homes. It is the place of counselling for MSIT. Got an xcellent rank courtesy xcellent GRE scores. Then started thinking about the Learning Centers JNTU or IIIT...... I always follow my Heart i Never listen to my Mind & People...coz u should always remain true to urself and if u look back in ur life u should never regret something which u did. So I Chose JNTU over IIIT.

Before the Prep there was this Orientation which went from Morning till Evening, these things do repeat themselves over the years but first Speech was by our very own SS Principal Mentor Padmaja Mam, one thing about her speech and the way she speaks, one word description about it ----AWESOME-----

Then the things went on till evening 6 meeting new people and all.

Then the D-Day arrived the first day of prep...On the very first day two words ring through your mind over and over again .......Any Guesses??????????????? WIKI & MOODLE.......... Most of u would have guessed it rite.

I was Assigned under Sridevi Mam who upon enquiry was confirmed to be a tough taskmaster.... So i was in a dilemma What will happen to my LIFE @ MSIT......But i had a backup plan ICET remember.... :)

But if i look back upon my PREP the best thing which could happen to me was that i was a student under Sridevi Mam... She's very Kool yet very demanding when it comes to the tasks this increased my tasks quality....

As the IT Workshop was not enough to drain all the energy from students they even had the Soft Skills sessions....... from 6 to 8 PM.... I was assigned under Vijaya Mam again same para from above repeated no need to write specially...Good was never enough for her she wanted excellent writing assignments... Again had to work very hard to match her expectations..... But at the end i did improve my Writing Skills drastically due to her in the Prep itself......

Do u know what the quote "Rubbing Salt onto the Wound" means............ In the Weekend after the completion of already tired student from PC & CT asking him to give a presentation............Hahahahahahahhaah I am Kidding but it was literally very tiring because you have to listen to others PPT's and wait ur turn......Haahahah thats one thing and listening to the feedback from mentors thats quite a horror movie..........

Hahahahah Now if i am scaring u i was exaggerating everything hehehehehehehehe ................Giving a Presentation for me was always fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Giving the people a piece of my mind I always felt kinda liberated....... I wasn't tensed not even once.....No there was this one time when we were informed that Padmaja mam will come and take the Presentation's i thought it would be very difficult as she was the Principal mentor and all but it was surprisingly easy initially she puts u at ease it but later she grinds u in the presentation but it went on quite well and it was the first and last time when i was tensed.... I think i gave a couple of Presentations before her in the Main course but it was kool..... Don't know about others the session was easy but feedback its quite an another story...............Thanking You Mam for everything.......

I Will always be thankful to Sridevi Mam & Vijaya Mam for bringing out the best out of me................Have to ask both of them if they do recollect something about me from the PREP..........


So for me PREP course was like HELL coz i knew only somethings about Office & nothing about C..... Then i did the wisest thing which a sane person would do i went and talked to Sridevi mam she said to think about advantages about each course and then decide and she said me to work even hard if u want to get in through to the main course. I thought about it throughout the night and decided if wanted to do any PG then its only MSIT.. No Writing Essay's about what u have learnt throughout one Year like u do in BTech and ur not judged by ur handwriting quality which is the major factor in JNTU evaluations no matter how qualitatively u answer the question...Heheheh Coz even a doctor's scribbling is much legible than my writing.........I got this Comment courtesy Intermediate Part Time Assistant who cant even differentiate between Left & Right !!!!!!.....Hahhahahaa I am not kidding.

So back to the present...Prep was going on full force Week 1,2 finished then came the breath of life in Prep the business plan & Hardware.... It was fun but lost a lot of marks..Then started the mother of all problems in Prep "C" but along with course change the mentor also changed.......

The next mentor was our immediate senior infact two TA's Bhanu & Dilip......Two Cool Dude's with immense knowledge..More about them in the coming episodes.....Heheheheheh


So i thought Lets Us "C" what happens but by the end of Week 1 in C there was nothing there to "C" only blank spaces coz everything which i learnt in B.Tech, after 4th year BTech got completed in 1st week itself.........................

New Week New Tasks But Same face.....BLANK........... I used to sit late night upto 2 AM, there were days when i slept only at mrng 4 or 5 till that time i kept on reading and executing programs in "C" and again wake up at 6 to start for JNTU by 7 coz i had to change two buses to reach on time by 9.... to reach this village literally considering the distance from my home.........This Schedule went on till the end of PREP...

STUDY NIGHT STUDY DAY reminds me of WAX in WAX out from the old Karate Kid .........

Again the Same story repeated for another 2 weeks and in the final week the "Project" for us to do and the "Project" for the staff to decide whether which student was in or out.........everywhere there was tension in the students Will I be in or Will I be out???

All the time throughout PREP the number of students was dwindling for different reasons like alternatives, not able to take the pressure, too much to learn......

But that was not the case with me don't know how they selected me but i got through to the main course..........with 27 others out of 120 members Awesome rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things which could have worked for me could have been that i am an average programmer with good communication skills and i was a patient student who always wanted to study and work hard.. Was always on time and never ever missed a single class and had a decent mind to frame the logic which is required for a Programmer .....Don't know what worked but something did work.....and the rest is HISTORY..............

Wait that's not the end of the story I still have a lot to tell u the most important part of the story

Life @ MSIT Part-2 The MAIN (Living The Dream !!!! Really????)

2 comments:

  • Vijaya says:
    July 15, 2010 at 3:08 PM

    hmmm...that was quite an interesting experience Chaitanya!!!!May be one day I would write a blog on the experience of Prep from the mentors perspective....like that??Looking forward to hear ur experience in the main course....
    phew....finally I could manage to complete reading the article without putting comments on the errors...:D

  • Krishna Chaitanya Kalidindi says:
    July 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM

    Hahaha I am taking that as a "Yes" Mam that u liked the blog...........

    Definitely Would like to Read that Blog...Will be waiting.......

    About the errors in the article ......Haahahahahahha Thnx mam for noticing the errors here also........